SAP, also called super absorbent polymer, is a efficient absorbent material. The chemical composition is sodium polyacrylate or potassium polyacrylate.
SAP is non-toxic and non-polluting and we can use it with peace of mind. In fact, it can be naturally decomposed into the water, carbon dioxide, ammonia, sodium ions or potassium ions.
the Price of SAP
There are many types of SAP on the market, and their prices are very different.
- Improved SAP – Improved on some side like:
- Starch-based SAP – The biodegradable type SAP;
- Minerals based SAP (for plants) – Available in soil for years;
- SAP with improved catalyst – High expansion ability (for water blocking of cable);
- Cation type SAP – concrete additive.
- Common SAP
- Potassium polyacrylate – mainly used in agriculture as a water-retaining agent; Its price is about 3000 US dollars per ton.
- Sodium polyacrylate – widely used in industrial production such as Paper diapers, Sanitary napkins, Ice bags, Air fresher, Expanding rubber, etc. Its price is about 1500 US dollars per ton.
Tips: The price of sodium polyacrylate is about half of that of potassium polyacrylate. This is because the demand and output of sodium polyacrylate in the market are far greater than that of potassium polyacrylate.
- Defective SAP
- Recycled SAP: the SAP was used and recycled;
- Burnt SAP: the SAP was produced in over-temperature.